Merging Multiple Courses Into One (Meta-course)
The instructions below are for joining multiple courses into one. This will list all students in the "parent" course. It is the simplest way to avoid entering the same information in multiple courses. However, if you will at any point need the separate lists of students, then you should request that a new meta-course be created which will have all the "child" courses added to it. This will keep the child courses in their original states. If you are unsure which is best for you, please call or email.
- Log into ACORN and enter one of the courses you wish to merge. It doesn't really matter which one, but if you are merging multiple sections of the same course, it's easier to start with the first one (e.g. A1).
- Under the ADMINISTRATION block, click on Users and then Enrolment methods.
- From the Choose... drop-down menu select Course meta link.
- From the Choose... drop-down menu select the course which you wish to merge with the current course, then click on the Add method button.
- Repeat the previous 2 steps for any additional courses you wish to merge.
- Under the ADMINISTRATION block, click on Edit settings.
- Change the Course full name and Course short name to something appropriate so as not to confuse students in other sections (e.g. MATH 1010L All Sections or PAST 4013/7013 X0, etc.).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Save changes button.