If you are teaching a course that you have previously taught, you can import the materials from the older course into the newer course fairly painlessly and then make any changes that are necessary.
- Log into ACORN and enter your new course.
- Near the top right corner of the window, click on the gear icon (view image) and select Import.
- Select the older course from those listed by clicking on the radio button to its left, then click the Continue button.
- In most cases you will want to leave all the boxes selected on the Backup settings page and click Next.
- De-select any components of the course you DO NOT wish to import by clicking on the checkmark to their right. As an example, you do not need to import the Announcements (News forum in older courses). Click on Next.
- Confirm your selections by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on Perform import.
- Click on Continue.
- You can now make any necessary changes.