Sharing Cart Block
The Sharing Cart Block can be used to easily copy content from one course to another.
Adding the Sharing Cart:
- Log into ACORN and enter your course.
- Near the top right corner of the window, click on the gear icon and select Turn editing on (view image).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left column menu and click on Add a block (view image). When the list of available blocks shows up, scroll down and select the Sharing Cart option (view image). If you don't see the menu on the left side of the page, click on the hamburger icon at the top left of the page.
- You will now see a basket icon showing up beside all your activities, resources, and weeks/sections (view image).
Copying content FROM the course TO the Sharing Cart:
- Clicking on the basket icon (view image) beside any item will copy it to your Sharing Cart. You will be asked to confirm your choice. It is usually best to uncheck the option to copy user data (view image).
- You will now see your copied item in your Sharing Cart block on the right, usually at or near the bottom of the page (view image).
- If it's an entire Section you want to copy, select from the dropdown list on the left in the Sharing Cart block (1) and then hit the Copy section button (2) (view image).
Copying content FROM the Sharing Cart TO the course:
- Now you will need to go to the course into which you want to copy the content that is in your Sharing Cart. Follow the process above to add the Sharing Cart to this course.
- With editing turned on, scroll to the Sharing Cart on the right side of your course and click on the Copy to course icon beside the item you want to add to the current course (view image).
- You will now notice Copying this shared item followed by the name of the item you are copying at the top of the page (1), as well as a dotted box with an arrow pointing down at the bottom of each section in the course (2). Simply click on the appropriate box to add the item to that section (view image).
- If you would like the item to be further up in the section, simply drag and drop it using the four-headed arrow (view image).